Open for debate: 5G and IoT: do manufacturers have the appetite for new services?
The Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted major challenges facing the manufacturing sector, perhaps most importantly, the need for greater operational visibility. At the same time, it has accelerated the sector’s digital transformation journey, fuelling the growth of smart manufacturing IoT connections in the process.
Of course, with data being key to digital transformation, the most important manufacturing IoT solutions are data driven; 50% of manufacturing players already use AI/ML to automate their processes, per GSMA Intelligence research. Where IoT is sometimes viewed through the lens of connectivity, there is a clear appetite for additional services that can help manufacturers make full use of their data.
In this session, your will learn:
- How are manufacturers dealing with the pressures that Covid-19 has brought?
- How is the IoT ecosystem and new 5G services addressing the needs of manufacturers?
- What are operators’ roles in supporting manufacturers?
- Douglas Bellin, Business Development Executive, Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory, AWS
- Azad Singh, Chief Global Mobility Solutions, Jio
- Jan Pawlewitz, Senior Vice President, Consulting, Digital Enterprise & Digital Services, Siemens
- Moiz Badri, Product Manager, IIoT, Verizon
- Sylwia Kechiche, Principal Analyst, IoT & Enterprise, GSMA Intelligence