GSMA Thrive Africa: a new chapter of connectivity
From Tuesday, 29 September to Thursday, 1st October GSMA Thrive is bringing Africa’s leaders online to create the most connected and influential technology experience.
Join GSMA Intelligence’s webinar and roundtable on the impact of Covid-19 on the digital ecosystem in Africa, and the future growth outlook on Day 1, Tuesday, 29 September – 13:00 to 14:00 CAT.
Around the world, the Covid-19 pandemic has put connectivity to the fore. Despite the change in data consumption patterns accelerated by the move to remote working, the mobile ecosystem has risen to the challenge of keeping people connected. But the pandemic also highlighted the importance of a robust and inclusive digital economy, and universal access to fast and reliable broadband services.
In this webinar and panel, experts representing the whole mobile ecosystem will discuss:
- The impact of Covid-19 on the digital ecosystem in Sub-Saharan Africa
- How should governments, mobile operators and tech innovators prepare for the challenges and opportunities of a post- Covid-19 world
- What role 5G, AI and IoT will play in the region’s digital future
- How can governments accelerate digital transformation and reach the 800 million people that remain unconnected in the region
- Maxime Bayen, Company Builder, GreenTec Capital Partners
- Armando Cabral, Senior Partner, McKinsey Angola
- Nicholas Naidu, Managing Executive, Technology Strategy, Architecture & Innovation, Vodacom
The panel will be moderated by Kenechi Okeleke, Director of Regional Research, GSMA Intelligence