Did you know that 2023 is shaping up to be the year of network sunsets? We’ve already witnessed a total of 12 sunsets from 11 operators, including big names like Telkomsel and Telia-Denmark, and there are another 49 sunsets expected in the coming months.
With continuous usage of 2G networks for IoT, public and emergency services, operators are more likely to sunset their 3G services. But how many operators are planning to phased out their old-generation networks in the near future? Will the customers be impacted by this?
Listen on to the datapoint from Yashika Shankar, Research Analyst to hear how many operators are planning to sunset 2G and 3G services before 2030.
You can learn more about network sunsets through our Spectrum Navigator tool here.
As we count down the days to MWC Las Vegas 2023, join our experts Tim Hatt and Peter Jarich as they sit down to discuss the upcoming event. Gain valuable insights into what’s in store and why this event is a must-attend for anyone in the mobile technology industry.
Meet the Hosts:
- Peter Jarich – Head of GSMA Intelligence
- Tim Hatt – Head of Research and Consulting
In the lead-up to this year’s MWC in Las Vegas, our analysts provide you with a sneak peek into the exciting topics and trends that will be in the spotlight:
- 5G Monetisation: Explore innovative strategies for capitalising on the 5G revolution and its impact on businesses.
- Enterprise Transformation: Dive into the digitization story and learn how it’s reshaping enterprises across the globe.
- Sustainability: Discover how sustainability is taking center stage in the mobile technology ecosystem and its implications for the industry.
- Non-Terrestrial Networks: Get ahead of the curve by exploring new network models and partnerships beyond our terrestrial boundaries.